This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This homemade Easy Apple Bread is filled with warm cinnamon and fresh apples! It’s so soft, moist and dense with a perfectly crispy crust! It’s the perfect fall breakfast or snack recipe!
Moist Fresh Apple Bread
This easy cinnamon apple bread is a new fall favorite of mine! It tastes incredible with your morning coffee, and it’s also a fun low-budget gift idea. I love making this bread with fresh picked apples, and the whole family loves eating it. It’s totally addicting and so easy to eat!
Every bite of this bread is an explosion of fall flavors, from the apples and cinnamon to the crispy crust. When the weather starts getting cold, a slice of this apple bread will warm you right up. Get the most out of this year’s apple harvest by baking a loaf of this delicious bread!
Everything you need to make this bread is probably already in your kitchen! The recipe is classic, simple and fail-proof.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Ground Cinnamon
- Baking Powder
- Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Milk: To keep your bread moist while adding extra apple flavor, use applesauce instead of milk! Either option works great!
- Apples: Peel, core and chop up your apples for the best flavor in every bite.
What Kind of Apples Should I Use?
I recommend using a crisper type of apple for this recipe. Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples are excellent options! If you can’t go out and pick your own apples, you can easily find one of these varieties at the grocery store. The cinnamon and sugar add plenty of sweetness to this bread, so try to use tart kinds of apples rather than sweet ones. For even more flavor, you could also use two different kinds of apple.
Do I Need to Peel the Apples?
Definitely peel your apples before you bake with them. Otherwise, the skin can separate from the fruit during the baking process, which messes with the wonderful texture of this bread.
How to Make Apple Bread
- Prepare for Baking: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan very well with non-stick baking spray.
- Whisk Dry Ingredients: In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together to combine, then set aside.
- Whisk Wet Ingredients: Combine the melted butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract and milk/applesauce and whisk together to combine.
- Combine Wet & Dry Ingredients: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Don’t over-mix.
- Add Apples: Fold in the chopped apples.
- Bake: Pour your batter into the loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let Cool: Remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Tips for the Best Apple Bread
- Don’t Over-Mix: When adding your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stir until just combined. Over-mixing the batter can result in overly dense apple bread.
- Grease Pan Well: This bread is super moist, so make sure you grease your loaf pan completely. You don’t want the bread to fall apart or get stuck in the pan when you transfer it to a cooling rack.
How to Store Homemade Apple Bread
There’s no need to store your bread in the fridge. You can keep it on the counter as long as it’s well covered. Tightly wrap it with plastic wrap or store it in a sealed airtight container.
How Long Will Apple Bread Last?
This bread never lasts longer than a day or two at my house! But it will stay good for up to 5 days if stored properly.
Read Transcript Print
Filled with warm cinnamon and fresh apples, this homemade Apple Bread is the best Fall breakfast or snack recipe! It’s so soft, moist and dense with a perfectly crispy crust.
- 1 3/4 cups (228g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cups (155g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (168g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk or applesauce
- 2 cups (about 210g) chopped apples, cored and peeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan very well with non-stick baking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together to combine, then set aside.
- Combine the melted butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract and milk or applesauce and whisk together to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Don’t over-mix.
- Fold in the chopped apples
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Apple bread can be served warm or at room temperature. Store at room temperature, well covered. Best if eaten within 4-5 days.
You can serve this bread warm or cooled!
Keywords: apple bread, apple bread recipe, cinnamon apple recipe, fall baking, how to make bread without yeast, breakfast bread, breakfast bread recipes, baked apple recipe